Back Country Nature & Wildlife Photography Tours
The exceptional, natural beauty of the Outer Banks has been attracting award-winning nature and wildlife photographers from around the world for decades.
Join a local, professional photographer on an extended, four-hour, small group tour into the last untamed stretch of beach on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Your guide will help you safely travel and encounter wildlife in the area. Learn about the unique history of the Outer Banks while taking advantage of our secluded beaches and private nature preserve.
Receive professional photography tips, including subject composition, use of natural lighting, and mastering your personal equipment. These exclusive photography tours will only have a maximum of six guests per tour to allow extra room for your equipment as well.
Capture images of wild Spanish mustangs in their natural environment, a 150 year old US Lifesaving Station, dolphins, shore birds, white tail deer, a petrified forest, birds of prey, and much more.
While the majority of our traditional horse tours are spent in the truck, this photography tour will take you to multiple locations on the beach and behind the dunes where you can stretch your legs, break out your tripod, and set up for some incredible photos. This tour is scheduled in the evenings for best lighting and empty beaches.
This tour is a perfect introduction into nature and wildlife photography for the beginner and amateur as well as a great opportunity for the more experienced photographer to capture the Outer Banks as it was truly meant to be…at their own pace.
What To Wear
- Layers are best– as we will be out on the beach for several hours close to sunset, the temperatures will change as the sun goes down. Breezes close to the ocean and in the open air truck can be cooler than you are expecting at certain times of the year.
- Shoes that can get wet, sandy, muddy. We often spend time on both the sandy beach and the marshy west side of the island.
- A wide-brim hat (with a strap so it doesn’t blow off in the truck!).
What To Bring
- Your favorite camera, lenses and other equipment. 300mm or greater zoom is recommended, but there are plenty of great opportunities to work with multiple lenses.
- Camera case/bag to keep your gear clean while driving over the sandy beach.
- A tripod/monopod (we often have extra tripods available if you do not own one).
- A towel to dry off with if you decide to get a little wet!
We Will Provide
- An open-air, 4-wheel-drive vehicle.
- An experienced driver/guide/historian/photography instructor.
- Water and snacks.
- Bug spray and sunscreen.
- Space for your equipment.
- An email with further details and instructions.
Thursday and Friday, 4-8pm/sunset
If the tour you are looking for is not available on that day please call and we can set up a special date and time to accommodate.
This tour is an exclusive opportunity for serious photographers. We highly recommend our traditional horse tour for families and young children. We love taking older youth who are excited about photography on this nature tour, but recommend you contact us about details before booking.Prices
Private Photography Tour 4 Hour Tour
$200 a person
Minimum of 2 people
Private Photography Tour
$900 to rent the entire truck
Maximum 8 people